Norsepower Rotor Sail Solution
The Norsepower Rotor Sail Solution is mainly designed for tankers, bulk carriers, ro-ro vessels and ferries, where:
- The required installation space is available on deck.
- Cranes and cargo handling equipment do not create excessive turbulence for the Rotor Sails or prevent the installation of Rotor Sails.
- There is a high proportion of time-at-sea, and the prevailing wind conditions are favourable.
The essential parts of the Rotor Sail Solution are:
- Rotor Sails, which deliver the forward thrust.
- A control panel, which gives the crew full control of the operation and performance of the Rotor Sails.
- Wind & GPS sensors, which provide the automation system with real-time wind speed and direction information as well as ship speed and course data.
- An automation system, which optimizes the performance of the Rotor Sails.
- An electrical power supply from the ship's low voltage network to each Rotor Sail.
The optimal number and size of Norsepower Rotor Sails are based on the size, speed and operating profile of the target vessel. Norsepower Rotor Sails are available in three sizes with Rotor Sail heights of 18, 24 or 30 metres. The scope of supply of the Norsepower Rotor Sail Solution typically includes delivery and installation of the Rotor Sails, as well as as a continuous maintenance agreement for operational support. The manufacturing and installation of the Rotor Sail foundations can be included in Norsepower's delivery, or it can be made by the customer based on Norsepower's design and guidance.
Please contact our sales team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain more details and a vessel-specific quotation for the
Norsepower Rotor Sail Solution.